I really enjoy fantasy themed games. I grew up enjoying DnD and still play it. Sometimes we don’t have enough PCs or the DM isn’t prepared. This list is my top ten games to pull out when such tragedy strikes. I do not list board games I have not played, but if I have heard good things about them they go in the Honorable Mentions.
Here are my Top Ten Dungeon Crawl Board Games:
10. Drakon – There’s a dungeon and a dragon. You get to steal coins and get ten before your opponents. Lots of “take that” and lots of fun.
9. Dungeon Twister – While not a pure dungeon crawl this game has a lot of the elements of one. If you marry a dungeon crawl and chess you get Dungeon Twister. You also get a fun game for two (or more with expansions).
8. Dungeon Crawler – A solo dungeon crawl card game that is expandable to allow more players.Pick your heroes fight the monsters and get loot.
7. Loot and Scoot – This game has you creating your own dungeon to be looted while you loot your opponent’s dungeon.
6. Those Pesky Humans – Play as the heroes or monsters that are annoyed their home is being raided. Funny and fun.
3. Dungeon Run – Raid the dungeon with your friends and kill the boss. Then lookout as you all try to be the only player to exit with the summoning stone.
2. Claustrophobia – possibly the best two player dungeon crawl out there. It has innovative mechanics and a lot of tension.
1. Super Dungeon Explore – This throwback to old-school video game dungeon crawls is great. There are multiple modes of play, looks great and has lots of ways to expand. A classic romp through a dungeon in classic style.
Honorable Mentions: Descent, Doom, Heroquest, Runebound, Talisman, Thunderstone, Tomb, Warhammer Quest
Disagree or have some to add let me know in the comments.
Tagged With top ten