I decided to update my list of my top ten cooperative (or semi-cooperative) games. Like my other top ten lists, this list only includes games I have played. There is a list of honorable mentions at the bottom. These games either just missed the cut or are board games that I haven’t played but have heard good things about.
My Top Ten Cooperative Board Games
10. Castle Panic – A tower defense game that is easy to teach and play and fun for the entire family.
9. Rise of the Zombies – A horror-themed, survival game that is tough to win but I really like the real-time action, theme and game play.
8. Lord of the Rings – A classic that has great theme and mechanics that are easy to learn and teach.
7. Mage Knight Board Game – There is lots going on in this and it is very cool and fun. This game has some unique mechanics, if you have the time to play it.
5. Escape: The Curse of the Temple – Here is another real-time cooperative game. You roll dice, collect gems and try escape the temple. All in ten minutes.
4. Sentinels of the Multiverse – A super hero co-op card game that is a bunch of fun. The new enhanced edition makes it even better. Things are easier to track and store.
3. Space Alert – This chaotic game is real-time with non-stop action. It requires good communication and teamwork to win.
2. Pandemic – Still an excellent gateway to cooperative bard games, you must save the world. The expansion adds even more life to it.
1. Defenders of the Realm – Again this game edges out the rest with lots of theme and great mechanics.
Arkham Horror series, Darkest Night, Descent: Journeys in the Dark, Battle Star Galactica, Cranium Hoopla, Forbidden Island, Level 7 Escape, Mousquetaires du Roy, Shadows Over Camelot, Space Hulk: Death Angel, World of Warcraft: the board game
If you agree, disagree, or just have more to add in the comments section.