Posted by Jason C
This is an updated list of my top ten 2 player board games. I do not list games I have not played. I am sure there are many 2 player games I haven’t played, but some that I have heard are good are in the Honorable Mentions section. Others I hope you’ll suggest.
Here are my Top Ten 2 Player Board Games:
10. Battleship Galaxies – Not the Battleship you grew up with. This space-themed skirmish game rewards good tactics.
9. Claustrophobia – Tense game in which you must survive as the humans or hunt and kill your prey as the demons.
8. War of the Ring – Another nail biter that is a complex simulation of The Lord of the Rings. Long but worth the time.
7. Lost Cities – This is a classic and still is fun to play. The math for scoring bogs things down a bit, but not too much.
6. Innovation – Unique civ builder that can be chaotic, but fun. Might take a play or two to really grasp.
5. Battle Line – Similar to Lost Cities with more depth and variety of strategies without the math-heavy scoring.
4. Summoner Wars – Great mechanics, lots of cards if you want to build armies, easy to teach and play plus a lot of fun.
3. Twilight Struggle – An excellent strategy game that is tense and fun. It would be higher if it didn’t take so long to play and was easier for new players to win.
2. Dungeon Command – Fantasy-themed, skirmish game that is beautiful fun and well-balanced. Great mix of strategy and luck.
1. Jaipur – Still holding down the top spot since it is easy to teach, quick and fun.
Honorable mentions (I have either heard good things about these games, but have not played them or they just missed my list): 1989: Dawn of Freedom, Battlelore, Dominion, Dungeon Twister, Earth Reborn, Jambo, Magestorm, Memoir ’44, Pizza Box Football, Race for the Galaxy
Leave a comment if there are two player games I am missing out on and should try. Or if you think my list needs some editing, let me know.
Tagged With two players